Often we do not think about how to take care of the heart, what to do to do this until it makes itself felt. Problems usually quietly accumulate, not showing up until a certain point. Mortality due to heart disease is on the list first, heart attacks and strokes are younger. That is why it is important to pay attention to the heart and blood vessels in a timely manner, to strengthen them, primarily through physical activity. Heart training and development of endurance, pressure on blood vessels - all these are important elements of a healthy person’s life.
Why is it necessary to give the heart and blood vessels a load?
Physical activity contributes to:
- Reducing the amount of C-reactive protein, which favors the appearance of inflammatory processes in the body.
- Lowering blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Raising the level of good cholesterol.
- Regulate blood sugar and insulin.
- Weight reduction.
Inactivity provokes problems with the heart and blood vessels. Training of the heart occurs when the force of contractions increases, the heart rate increases at moments of exertion. The vessels are also training.
Heart Training Exercises
In fact, the complex of such exercises is quite wide. Heart training is done through cardio and aerobic exercise. You can go jogging, ride a bike at least half an hour a day, jump rope, swim in the pool, do aerobics and step dancing, or just go for a walk in the evening for 20 minutes, refuse the elevator. It is recommended to adhere to the rules:
- The optimal heart rate is one hundred twenty - one hundred and thirty beats (not above 130 and below 110).
- You can not arrange workouts lasting more than an hour (with weak vessels - 30 minutes).
- Conduct these classes two to three times during the week.
Running your heart is also helpful. Do not turn it into a routine. Do jogs three-four times a week for 20 minutes, monitor your condition. If you feel unpleasant, go for a walk.
Stress, ecology and nutrition gradually bring blood vessels to an increased tone, which affects blood pressure. In such a situation, do not rely only on the help of pharmacy drugs, you need to restore full circulation, and especially in the capillaries. This will help you exercise the heart and blood vessels. Vibration exercises will be effective: in the morning in bed, raise your arms and legs up, shake them for about two minutes. So the vibration massage of the capillaries is carried out and the lymph is redistributed, through which the body is cleaned of toxins and toxins. It is advisable to repeat the exercise in the evening before bedtime.
With frequent spasms of the blood vessels of the brain that cause high blood pressure, nausea, impaired memory, speech, coordination of movements, it is necessary to work to strengthen them, organizing a healthy diet, using medications, exercise. You can perform head rotations in one or the other direction for two to three minutes, as well as forward bends with imitation of splitting firewood. Effective swing legs forward (left leg to the right outstretched arm). You can rotate your hands asynchronously (left forward, right back), make a stand on the back "birch". The exercises are performed very smoothly. If the neck muscles are weakened, they often tighten and squeeze blood vessels, disrupt blood circulation. Their training helps restore vascular function and cure the effects of squeezing.
Stagnation of blood in the legs affects the veins. To strengthen the vessels of the legs and their best work, walking on the knees back and forth is recommended. It is necessary to perform forward bends with always straight legs, while taking out the floor with your fingers. This exercise is very useful for leg veins: take a large rolling pin or a plastic bottle of water, kneel down, put the bottle on your calves, sit on top and, as it were, ride on it from the knees to the ankle and back. It’s useful to jog slowly, to go walking with discomfort.
When my heart hurts
These exercises include three “floors” of the body: the belt of the lower extremities (squats), the middle belt of the torso (exercises on the press), the belt of the upper limbs (push-ups). This sequence of several exercises following each other is called a series.
The minimum series - in our case this is the "triad of health" - consists of three exercises: squats, push-ups, "press". For example, having completed 5 such series of 5 repetitions, the student performed 25 squats, 25 push-ups, 25 press exercises. And after completing 5 series of 10 repetitions, he respectively performed 50 squats, 50 push-ups, 50 exercises for the press.
With proper exhalation, these exercises relieve stress on the heart. To verify this phenomenon of the therapeutic effect of physical stress on cardiac activity, the practitioner must necessarily control the pulse before and after the exercise.
After doing this series of exercises, do stretching exercises. These exercises do not take much time and also do not load the heart. There are also other exercises that improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Performing these exercises alternately (5–10 reps each), the student activates the entire circulatory system (large and small circles) and, with proper (diaphragmatic) breathing, relieves the load on the heart, improving the elasticity of the vascular system due to successively contracting and relaxing muscles.
Training of the heart, training of muscles and blood vessels can occur at home. For example, squats near the door. You need to squat holding on to the door handles, knees in line with the socks. Start with a small number of repetitions, bringing them up to 100 in 2 months, then more. First, squat twenty to thirty centimeters, a month later - deeper. The muscles of the heart, spine and legs are strengthened. A reduction in leg muscles helps the blood flow through the veins up.
In recent years, Nordic walking with sticks has become popular. Try to walk rhythmically, naturally, while simultaneously working with your hand and foot. Similar exercises are an excellent exercise of the heart in the fresh air!
1. “Pushups on the knees”
It has no contraindications.
I.P.: Kneeling, do push-ups. When lifting, straightening your arms, exhale with the sound of "haa." Perform at least 5 times, gradually increasing the number of repetitions. When push-ups, it is necessary to control the muscles of the back and in no case bend in the lumbar spine. If you are well trained, complicate the exercise by performing it without resting on your knees or even placing a slight elevation under your feet.
COMMENTARY S. M .: Push-ups activate the intercostal muscles, in which the intercostal arteries actively participating in the pulmonary circulation (the pulmonary circulation) pass through the bronchial artery system. This ensures a sufficient exchange of carbon dioxide for oxygen, reduced in cardiac patients.
Thus, oxygenated blood in the required volume enters the pulmonary veins, then into the left atrium, which pumps blood into the left ventricle, starting a new cycle of systemic circulation (large circle of blood circulation).
What else to look for?
- Stop smoking.
- Lose weight when overweight.
- Follow the doctors' recommendations for taking medication.
- Use less salt.
- Sleep 8-9 hours.
- Eat a varied, wholesome, healthy diet.
The Panangin nourishes and strengthens the heart muscle, which affects the metabolic processes in the heart, improves its work, prevents early myocardial aging, prevents the appearance of atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, arrhythmia. It is recommended to healthy people as a tool that strengthens the heart muscle, and for the prevention of vascular diseases. The composition of the "Panangin" includes potassium and magnesium, which can be obtained daily also with food. Eat spinach, seaweed, lentils, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, wheat bran, flax oil, fish oil to cleanse blood vessels.
2. "Squats with support on a chair"
Contraindications: deforming diseases of the hip joints (coxarthrosis, aseptic necrosis) and knee joints (gonarthrosis), hemorrhoids, prolapse of the internal organs, inguinal and umbilical hernias (hernia of the white line of the abdomen), atrial fibrillation.
I.P .: facing the back of the chair, holding the back with both hands. With your back straight, do squats to such a depth that your pelvis is just above your knees. On the exhalation of “haa”, return to I.P. Squats can have both power (leg extension) and aerobic character. What is it - depends on the number of squats for a certain time. For example, if you squat for 15–20 minutes, managing to do 3 repetitions of 10 repetitions in one minute, then this form of exercise is aerobic.
The reference point for this load is heart rate (in common people - the pulse) on average 140–145 beats per minute (measured immediately after the load). If squats are performed, for example, in one approach with 20 repetitions on a special simulator for squats with weights, then this form of load refers to power. In this case, when monitoring heart rate, the numbers do not exceed 120 beats per minute.
COMMENT S. M.: Squats are very useful for hypertension, heart failure I-II degree, headaches, all forms of diabetes, varicose veins, rehabilitation after a heart attack. If you do not lose coordination when doing squats, complicate the exercise by doing it without support.
Heart training: pulse and its indicators
How to determine the intensity of training to achieve results? We determine the maximum heart rate, it is individual. It is necessary to subtract the number of your age from 220. The result is your maximum heart rate. The heart is recovering in an indicator of 50-60% of the maximum heart rate. At the same time, the state of the cardiovascular and respiratory system improves. Raising the pulse to 80% of the maximum covers a larger number of blood vessels, enhances pulmonary ventilation, increases the size and strength of the heart. Training in the red line zone (80-90% of the maximum) is carried out in good physical condition, under medical supervision.
Why do exercises for the heart?
The main layer of the heart is a muscle that continuously contracts throughout life. It is adversely affected by both inactivity and excessive physical activity, for which a person is not ready. Therefore, in order to maintain the heart and blood vessels in optimal shape, a daily load in the form of special exercises is required. With an adequate duration and intensity of classes, such changes in the body occur:
- the intensity of metabolic processes increases,
- normal body weight
- lung volume increases
- blood pressure and heart rate are stabilized,
- normal rhythm is restored,
- blood cholesterol and triglycerides are reduced,
- central and peripheral blood circulation improves.
Is exercise allowed to everyone
Physical activity is indicated for all categories of people, including those with diseases of the cardiovascular system, with the exception of:
- period of decompensation of blood circulation,
- acute inflammatory process,
- infectious diseases with fever,
- arrhythmia attacks
- aneurysms of the heart and blood vessels,
- hypertensive crisis.
For patients with a cardiological profile, an individual approach to classes is required. In order to determine changes in the heart muscle under the influence of the load, an electrocardiological study is carried out at rest and after walking on a treadmill or riding a bicycle ergometer. The data obtained can help in choosing the degree of occupation intensity that is not manifested by ischemic processes in the myocardium.
Basic rules for training
In order not to cause an exacerbation of heart and vascular diseases, as well as to benefit from classes, you need to adhere to some rules:
- before class, measure blood pressure and heart rate,
- determine the optimal physiological range of heart rate,
- engage no earlier than 1.5 - 2 hours after eating,
- in case of pain in the heart, dizziness or severe shortness of breath, stop the workout,
- To strengthen the heart, cardio loads are most suitable (walking, running, swimming, cycling),
- the pace of classes is preferable to slow or medium, and the duration is not less than half an hour per day,
- sudden movements and increased levels of intensity without prior preparation are prohibited.
Useful exercises for the heart muscle
A correctly composed gymnastics complex consists of a 5 - 10 minute introductory part - a workout. At this time, simple exercises are performed on all major muscle groups. This is done in order to prepare the joints and muscle tissue for training.
Then follows the main stage lasting from 15 to 25 minutes. After it, you need to walk at a calm pace and stretch until the heart rate is restored to its previous limits.
To strengthen the heart
A therapeutic gymnastic complex to increase endurance of the heart muscle, increase its consumption of nutrients, stimulate blood circulation may include such exercises:
- In a standing position: circular movements of the arms, alternate arms rises, swing to the side.
- Body movements: tilts to the side, down, circular movements of the pelvis, and then the upper half of the body.
- Alternately raising the knees with bringing them to the stomach.
- Swing your legs forward and to the side, with your hand adhere to the back of the chair or other support.
Each exercise must first be performed 3 times in each direction, gradually increasing the number of repetitions to 5 - 8.
Similar training can be carried out even in bed. They do not require special preparation or special equipment. The easy performance by elderly people and the effect on metabolic processes make breathing exercises a universal rehabilitation method.
Recommendations for classes:
- Optimal to spend outdoors in the early morning.
- At home, you can practice by the open window or in a well-ventilated room.
- From the last meal should pass at least 2.5 - 3 hours.
- The breathing rate is smooth, the back is straight, sitting on a chair or on the floor.
First you need to spend 5 to 8 respiratory cycles, the duration of inspiration and expiration is equal to the maximum comfortable duration. Then follows a cycle of exhalations, which are 2 times longer than the inspiration. For example, inhale into 3 counts, exhale by 6. The total duration is approximately 5 to 7 minutes. After such loads are easily tolerated, exercises begin with holding the breath - first after inhaling, and then after exhaling.
Each stage should gradually increase in time. The main thing is to conduct such classes every day and without excessive stress.
About breathing exercises that are aimed at preventing the development of cardiovascular diseases, see this video:
For the healing of the heart
Particular attention in the initial stages of coronary blood flow disturbance is given to exercises on the shoulder girdle. It must be borne in mind that if there are pains in the heart, then you can start exercising only after an ECG study.
Physiotherapy exercises to improve blood circulation in the myocardium may consist of such exercises:
- Rotation by hands in a circle of large diameter in a standing position.
- Dumbbells weighing 500 g or more (alternatively, plastic water bottles) are lifted by bending the elbows in the direction from the bottom up to the shoulders.
- Dropped hands with dumbbells are raised from below to shoulder level, after mastering they are brought over the head.
- Push ups starting 5 times from the wall. Hands emphasis at shoulder level. As you train, gradually the height of the emphasis should decrease. Do not hold your breath.
- Squats at a comfortable level.
Initially, the number of repetitions can be 10 or even less, but then, with regular classes, it must be brought to 50.
With heart disease
To restore the normal functioning of the heart muscle in the presence of pathology of the heart and blood vessels, one of the options is this complex:
- The preparatory phase is circular movements of the ankle joints in a sitting position, lifting on toes and movements of the knees while standing, rotating the pelvis in a circle and tilting the body to the side. Each exercise is repeated 8 times in both directions.
- Walking on the inside, outside of the foot. Then walking on the spot or a walk in nature from 15 minutes. Gradually, you can add a high knee lift or movement in the semi-squat.
- The final stage - 10 minutes restoring breathing.
During movement, the pulse should not increase more than 100 - 120 beats per minute. You can increase the intensity and duration of the training only after 2.5 months. After six months of regular training, walking is replaced by light running.
Physical activity in diseases of the heart and blood vessels should be strictly dosed, before it begins, you need to get advice from your doctor and go through an ECG. To strengthen the heart, treatment complexes with a gradually increasing duration and intensity are recommended. Breathing exercises can be used even in old age and in the presence of an average degree of circulatory failure.
For heart disease exercises, see this video:
Simple breathing exercises for the heart can work wonders. It will help with tachycardia, arrhythmias, aneurysms, to restore and strengthen the walls of blood vessels after surgery. What to do?
In some cases, arrhythmia exercises can help control rhythm disturbances. It can be physical exercises, breathing, Nordic walking and running. Complete treatment of arrhythmias without a set of exercises is extremely rare. What complex should be done?
Options for strengthening the heart depend mainly on its condition. They also affect blood vessels, nerves. For example, in old age, exercise will support the heart muscle. After a heart attack, with arrhythmia, folk remedies can be prescribed.
For most patients, cardiac training for the heart is simply necessary. Any cardiologist will confirm their benefit, and most of the strengthening exercises can be carried out at home. If your heart hurts after class, then something is being done incorrectly. Caution is required after surgery.
You need to train your heart. However, not all physical activity during arrhythmia is permissible. What are the permissible loads for sinus and atrial fibrillation? Can I do sports at all? If arrhythmia is detected in children, is sports a taboo? Why does arrhythmia occur after exercise?
Physical activity after myocardial infarction and the right lifestyle can return a person to the system after 4-6 months. How to recover?
The diagnosis of bradycardia and sports can coexist. However, it is better to check with a cardiologist about whether it is possible to play sports, which exercises are better, whether running for adults and children is permissible.
Exercise therapy begins after a heart attack from the first days. The set of exercises is gradually increasing. For this, doctors determine the degree of exercise therapy for which the patient is ready after myocardial infarction and stenting, if any.
You will have to perform exercises after a stroke without fail, otherwise motor activity will not be restored. There is a special complex of exercise therapy for arms and legs, gymnastics for fingers, classes for working out walking. What can be done and how?
We are developing further
Do not forget that heart training and endurance development should attract an equal amount of attention. All stages of increasing the intensity of exercises should be done gradually, without rushing, so as not to harm the heart and blood vessels and develop their endurance. The key to success is regularity. If you go to the pool, ride a bike several times a week, then morning exercises should be done daily. In addition to the previously recommended shakes, turns, we recommend a number of exercises for the heart and blood vessels:
- Walking on toes, raising his knees high.
- Hands over head to the castle, legs apart. Deep bends to the sides.
- Hands to the sides, flatten, slap on the shoulders.
- Hands rotate forward - up - backward and vice versa.
- Imitation of cycling while lying down.
- Cross movements with legs at a height of 30-40 centimeters from the floor in a prone position.
Remember: it is important not the number of exercises and the intensity of the load, but regularity. The load should increase gradually. After it, relaxation is necessary so that the muscle fibers increase, and the heart muscle, blood vessels strengthen, their endurance increases.
Heart strengthening and folk recipes
It is very important that the heart muscle receives the necessary vitamins, you can’t do it alone with training. Here are some healer tips:
- Mix the chopped dried apricots, walnuts, figs, lemon and peel, raisins, honey. All take 250 grams. Keep refrigerated. Take a tablespoon three times a day.
- Take a tablespoon of hawthorn for one and a half glasses of water, boil for thirty minutes. Drink a quarter glass three times before meals.
- Take 10 grams of lemon balm, St. John's wort, birch leaves, 30 grams of fireweed. Steam a tablespoon in 300 ml of water. Take three times a day in a glass.
- Put a tablespoon of buckwheat in 500 ml of water, leave for 2 hours. Drink one glass three times.
- Five tablespoons of rosemary herb pour 100 ml of vodka, infuse for 7 days. Consume twenty-five drops three times half an hour before meals.